G-882 Cesium Marine Magnetometer
Geometrics G-882 Marine Magnetometer - Best In Class
Geometrics G-882 is the industry standard marine magnetometer and is the only system that meets the standards required for UXO clearance in the North Sea. Very high-resolution Caesium Vapour performance has been incorporated onto a low cost, small size, system for professional surveys in shallow water. Operational capability up to 2700 meters and offers the opportunity to scan larger areas with maximum sampling frequency that can be increased to 20 Hz. High sensitivity at fast sample rates of total field measurements are maintained for all applications. Being small and lightweight, it is easily deployed and operated by one person. Add several streamlined weight collars and the system can quickly weigh more than 45kg for deep-tow applications.
Detection and Mapping of all size of ferrous object such as anchors, chains, cables, pipelines, ballast stones and other scattered shipwreck debris, munitions of all sizes (UXO), aircraft, engines and any other object with a magnetic expression. Objects as small as a 10cm screwdriver are readily detected provided that the sensor is close to the seafloor and within practical detection range.
G-882 Marine Magnetometer Technical Specifications
- Highest detection range and high probability of detecting all sized ferrous targets
- Low probability of fouling in fishing lines or rocks
- Max Sample Rate: 20 Hz.
- No winch required. Built-in easy-carry handle.
- Operating Range: 20,000 to 100,000 nT
- Heading Error: < 1 nT (over entire 360° spin)
- Output: RS-232 at 1,200 to 19,200 Baud.
- Altitude: 9,000 m (30,000 ft).
- Depth: 4,000 psi (2,730 m; 8956 ft)
- Operating Temperature: -35°C to +50°C (-30°F to +122°F)
Typical Detection Range for Common Objects
- Ship: 1000 tons0.5 to 1 nT at 244 m
- Anchor: 20 tons 0.8 to 1.25 nT at 120 m
- Automobile 1 to 2 nT at 30 m
- Light Aircraft 0.5 to 2 nT at 12 m
- Pipeline (12 inch) 1 to 2 nT at 60 m
- Pipeline (6 inch) 1 to 2 nT at 30 m
- Iron: 100 kg 1 to 2 nT at 15 m
- Iron: 100 lb 0.5 to 1 nT at 9 m
- Iron: 10 lb 0.5 to 1 nT at 6 m
- Iron: 1 lb 0.5 to 1 nT at 3 m
- Screwdriver:0.5 to 2 nT at 4 m
- Bomb: 1000 lb 1 to 5 nT at 30 m
- Bomb: 500 lb 0.5 to 5 nT at 50 ft (16 m)
- Grenade 0.5 to 2 nT at 10 ft (3 m)
- Shell: 20 mm 0.5 to 2 nT at 5 ft (1.8 m)